- After entering the territory of the Republic of Armenia (crossing the border) the person will undergo a medical examination.
- After the examination, all persons are subject to self-isolation, unless the hospitalization and/or other restrictive measures are applied due to the symptoms detected.
- If a person refuses the measures prescribed, he/she might be temporarily isolated in the relevant site designated by the Commandant for undergoing examination, treatment and prevention of the spread of infection.
COVID-19 Travel restrictions
As a result of declaring a state of emergency in the Republic of Armenia on March 16, 2020, at all border checkpoints of the Republic of Armenia
THE ACCESS OF THE FOLLOWING INDIVIDUALS IS ALLOWED:
- All citizens of the Republic of Armenia
- Their family members who are not citizens of the Republic of Armenia
- Individuals who are not citizens of the Republic of Armenia but have the legal right to reside in the Republic of Armenia
- Individuals who are not citizens of the Republic of Armenia except those who have arrived from the list of countries with tense epidemic situation or have been in those countries within the previous 14 days
- Diplomatic representatives, representatives of consulates and international organizations and their family members from the countries (territories) with tense epidemic situation
- A driver and one replacing driver for a cargo transportation from the Russian Federation, Islamic Republic of Iran or Georgia, as well as entry and exit of personnel of cargo planes who do not have detected symptoms of virus
- With the special permission of the Border Guard Commander of the Republic of Armenia, individuals with justified health, economic or manufacturing emergency needs to enter the Republic of Armenia
- Relatives (parents, spouse, children, sister and brother) of the deceased who are scheduled to attend a memorial or a burial ceremony
- One driver and one substitute driver for a freight carrier coming from the Russian Federation, Iran or Georgia
- Aircraft personnel performing passenger or cargo transportations, as well as military or sanitary flights
- In other special occasions, determined by the Commandant.
THE ACCESS OF THE FOLLOWING INDIVIDUALS IS PROHIBITED:
- Non-citizens of the Republic of Armenia arriving from the Russian Federation or Georgia
- Non-citizens of the Republic of Armenia who have arrived from the list of countries with tense epidemic situation or have been in those countries during the previous 14 day